We provide a range of opportunities for visitors to visit the Academy or for pupils to go on educational visits outside of the Academy. These are linked to the learning which takes place in each year group and children will make use of the educational visits in their subsequent learning.
Some of our Enrichment Activities
In the summer term, we offer a residential visit to the Isle of Wight for all our year 5 pupils to provide them with an opportunity to learn social skills, experience living in a different location, develop confidence and self-esteem, build independence and resilience. This experience forms part of the transition work which takes place, preparing pupils for their final year in primary school.
All educational visits and visitors are subsidised by the Academy. We therefore ask for a much smaller contribution towards the costs of these activities.
We also visit different places of worship throughout the school; providing pupils with opportunities to see how different religions and faiths worship and developing pupils mutual respect and tolerance of those with and without religious faith.
- Year 6 visited the Old Bailey in London as part of our work with Children’s University.
- Our artist in residence, Mark, joins us for an amazing weekly drumming experience.
Nursery and Reception children explore and learn in the outdoor environment everyday. The provision in our outdoor learning environment focuses on all areas of learning.
We have been working so hard to improve the provision and learning in our EYFS Outdoor Learning Environment. We still have work to do, however you can already seen an amazing development.
We have transformed the houses into a Writing Hut, a Builder’s shed and a People Who Help Us house.
Our Outdoor learning Area
- Music and Movement: The stage has been transformed with a music wall and lots of instruments have been added to make a band.
- Water World : The water area now has a water wall to help us to develop our critical thinking and problem solving skills!
- The Mud Kitchen: Mr Varney built us a wonderful Mud Kitchen where we use our imagination and explore lots of textures to make unusual and fascinating concoctions.
- The Reading Hut: Our Wonderful Wigwam is a fantastic area to enjoy stories and look at books.
- The Enchanted Woods: All kinds of interesting and magical creatures are living in our magical Fairy Garden already.
- Numbers, numbers all around : There are numbers all around the Outdoor environment. When you visit, see how many numbers you can find!!
Throughout the year we offer extra-curricular activities for physical development; including sports activities, creative activities; from the arts to crafts.
Throughout the year pupils have the opportunity to participate in the following extra-curricular activities:
- Homework Club
- Challenge Club
- Lego club
- Art and crafts
- Sports Clubs: Multi-games, football, basketball, streets dance, cricket, tennis,
Keep visiting the Learning outside the classroom page for updates!