The academy prides itself on an outstanding pastoral care service.
Our Pastoral Care Manager, Mrs Ling, is responsible for the day to day running of this service. Her position within the academy is to:
- Be the first point of contact for parents/carers who may wish to discuss any issues over and above general class teacher questions
- Deal with day to day child protection concerns
- Monitor attendance
- Liaise with all external agencies who offer support to children and families
- Contribute to academic meetings in an effort to support and identify barriers to learning
- Maintain current and accurate records with regard to child protection, incidents within school and other matters which link to the well-being of pupils and families.
- Support children in dealing with issues around relationships and behaviour
- Ensure that the headteacher is kept fully informed around all issues relating to safeguarding and vulnerable children.
- Ensure that staff are kept informed on a need to know basis of any issues or concerns regarding children in their care.
- Any other issue that may arise across the academy that impacts on a child’s social and emotional development.