At Merritts Brook we pride ourselves on implementing an inclusive approach to all areas of school life. We ensure the right support and scaffolding is effectively in place for all pupils to grow and achieve.
Our staff are committed and work hard to plan and teach learning that is always matched to the individual’s needs and will always be challenging. All our pupils have access to a comfortable, inclusive and celebratory learning environment. High expectations are always set and communicated, and we are proactive with the curriculum to enable effective accessibility and good progress for all.
We ensure that our pupils are fully supported by;
- Planning and delivering timely interventions, supported by the SEND Team and Pastoral Team.
- Ensuring all plans in place that support a pupil with additional needs, whether it may be special educational needs or behavioural needs, will be regularly reviewed.
- Having a strong and purposeful relationship along with effective communication with all external agencies.
- Effectively monitoring and supporting, and swiftly escalating pupils’ support.
We work together as a team to support you all. If you feel you would like to speak to someone about your child’s progress, you are welcome to speak to their teacher before or after school. Our SENCo and Pastoral Lead Mrs Rudge, is also here to support, and will offer both support and advice with SEND and Pastoral care. The following are examples of some of the things she will be happy to help with;
- First point of contact for parents/carers who may wish to discuss any issues over and above general class teacher questions
- Day to day safeguarding concerns
- Monitoring attendance
- Liaising with all external agencies who offer support to children and families
- Contributing to academic meetings in an effort to support and identify barriers to learning
- Support children in dealing with issues around relationships and behaviour
- Any other issue that may arise across the academy that impacts on a child’s social and emotional development.